WHO WE ARE:
At ACE, we build optimism as a first step to lifelong success.
Since 2008, ACE has launched and operated excellent charter schools in urban San Jose with one goal: our students, by the end of their time in ACE’s middle and high schools, will confidently choose to be the first in their family to attend and graduate from a four-year college or university.
ACE is looking to bring on classroom leaders who are committed to providing great schools to the students who need them the most. The successful applicant will be aligned with ACE’s model, be highly motivated, thoughtful in their approach and maintain high expectations for underserved students in high-need communities. ACE teachers and school leaders must capitalize on the hope sparked by our Culture of Optimism with an academic program that helps students move from hoping they will get to college to expecting that they will succeed there. ACE’s first graduating class sent 77% of scholars to local CSU and UC’s.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Welcome and provide high quality customer service to all stakeholders
- Implement, and when necessary develop, systems and processes that ensure front office and site embodies the values and high expectations of the school
- Ensure front office / site is safe, orderly and professional at all times
- Assist in maintaining and sustaining a positive college preparatory environment
- Monitors student behavior and addresses any concerns that go against our values of Pride, Respect and Ganas.
- Assists in campus supervision during transition times and breaks
- Translates various documents for teachers and staff
- Serve as a point of contact and dissemination and collection of for other communications such as lunch verification, free dress, phone messages to staff, etc.
Student Enrollment & Records
- Assist with monitoring enrollment levels and enrolling new students as directed by Principal or Community / Parent Outreach Manager/Office Manager
- Assist with maintenance of cumulative folders
Student Information Systems
- Maintain working knowledge of PowerSchool
- Assist with entry and maintenance of student attendance data
- Assist with contacting families for attendance, discipline, lunch, or any other issues as requested by supervisor or administration
- Assist with setup for family meetings as requested by supervisor or administration
- Ensure evacuation maps, fire extinguishers, and emergency supplies are in each classroom and common space
- Verify drills are completed on schedule, log all drills and submit to Central Office
- Administer first aid to students with injuries, log any incidents on Incident Form
- Assist in maintaining and sustaining a positive college preparatory environment, including campus supervision during class transitions, classroom and school culture observations
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A deep commitment to the ACE mission and passion for our students and families.
- 6-months years’ experience in a fast paced office environment
- Bilingual in Spanish/ English required
- Promote a positive college going environment
- Computer proficiency with Google Mail, Google Calendar, Dropbox, Word and Excel.
- Genuine passion for providing outstanding service to external and internal stakeholders
- Dynamic, engaging, professional with a positive attitude with the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail and exceptional
- An ability to exercise critical thinking through ambiguous problems
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $18 - $19 per hour
- Full-time; Hours: Monday - Friday from 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
- Benefits include Medical, Dental and 401K
- Non-Exempt position
- At-Will Agreement
- Apply on the ACE Charter Schools website www.acecharter.org/ace-careers/
- Schedule your Preliminary Phone Screen
- Onsite Interview and school tour
PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT:
Once an offer has been extended, a candidate must meet the following criteria to receive a final agreement:
- Employment Eligibility
- Criminal Background Check
- Valid TB Clearance
- References delivered to email@example.com