WHO WE ARE:
At ACE, we build optimism as a first step to lifelong success.
Since 2008, ACE has launched and operated excellent charter schools in urban San Jose with one goal: our students, by the end of their time in ACE’s middle and high schools, will confidently choose to be the first in their family to attend and graduate from a four-year college or university.
WHO YOU ARE AS AN ACCOUNTANT AT ACE:
The finance team is looking for an outstanding Accountant to support ACE’s growth. The Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for day to day accounting needs of the organization, including accounts payable. The ideal candidate will have outstanding problem solving skills and analytical skills and enjoy working in a challenging and fast-paced, high-growth environment. A strong attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and to work well with the team is a must.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: Handle basic accounting duties including:
Accounts Payable Process
- Process invoices: match receiver or packing slips with purchase orders and invoices
- Manage credit card receipts and prepare credit card payments
- Allocate costs to appropriate site/department; Code and enter payables; Process weekly check runs
- Examine and develop payroll processes with a focus on streamlining processes and evaluation of technology solutions (to be done once the candidate is established)
- Understand and process 1099’s
- Review cash balances prior to processing check runs and payroll submissions
- Support monthly and year-end close
- Bank reconciliations and accounts
- Maintain weekly cash information
- Obtain W-9’s, Certificates of Insurance, Signed Contracts
- Maintenance (Manage, Respond, Forward to appropriate person) of Finance and Payroll support e-mail groups
- Respond to school-based inquiries; Respond to vendor inquiries; Answering phones
- Support Accounting Manager and Controller in various projects
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for all employees (exempt, non-exempt, salary, and hourly) for outside payroll service
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding time entry/ errors
- Respond to outside requests for unemployment, medical leave, employment and wage verifications
- Filing of quarterly tax reports
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A deep commitment to the ACE’s mission, passion for our students and families.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred; or Accounting Certificate
- 3-5 years of accounts payable experience or payroll experience
- 10 key by touch
- Proficient with Excel (Intermediate level)
- Experience with Peachtree preferred
- Experience with payroll software (Paychex Flex and Stratustime preferred)
- Experience working in a multi-site environment
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting, restricted funds such as grants and federal allocations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-up and organization abilities
- An ability to exercise critical thinking through ambiguous problems
- Strong decision making ability, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize appropriately
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The Accountant position is an exempt, year-round position whose schedule is determined by the Director of Finance.
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
- Benefits package including vacation/sick, medical, dental and 401(k)
- At-will employment
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website. Your cover letter should include a narrative on “Why I want to work at ACE”.
- Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Questions: Please contact Rodney Tabares at email@example.com