At ACE, we build optimism as a first step to lifelong success.
Since 2008, ACE has launched and operated excellent charter schools in urban San Jose with one goal: our students, by the end of their time in ACE’s middle and high schools, will confidently choose to be the first in their family to attend and graduate from a four-year college or university.
ACE is looking to bring on classroom leaders who are committed to providing great schools to the students who need them the most. The successful applicant will be aligned with ACE’s model, be highly motivated, thoughtful in their approach and maintain high expectations for underserved students in high-need communities. ACE teachers and school leaders must capitalize on the hope sparked by our Culture of Optimism with an academic program that helps students move from hoping they will get to college to expecting that they will succeed there. ACE’s first graduating class sent 77% of scholars to local CSU and UC’s.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Have and demonstrate the inherent belief that all students can achieve academic success and be on the path to college, regardless of their circumstances.
- Identify community events and source opportunities to promote our schools and raise awareness about our program to target families.
- Represent ACE Charter Schools out in the field (ex: Door to Door, Tabling at Events) to get a list of prospective students.
- Make phone calls to schedule appointments and meet with families either at the school, or at parents’ homes if necessary.
- Be able to tell the ACE story to prospective families.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- A deep commitment to the ACE mission, passion for the success of our students and families.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Dynamic, engaging, professional with a positive attitude with the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with exceptional follow-up and organization abilities.
- High School diploma
- Ability to type and register families on the School Mint system, with attention to detail.
- Must have reliable transportation. Also, the ability to work on weekends if necessary.
- Experience in building relationships with students, families, and communities.
COMPENSATION & HOURS:
- Salary: This is an hourly position starting at $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- The position will consist of 22-25 hours per week (now through July 31st)
- Apply on the ACE Charter Schools website www.acecharter.org/ace-careers/
- Email Rodney Tabares firstname.lastname@example.org your 1-page narrative on “Why you want to recruit students for ACE.”
PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT:
Once an offer has been extended, a candidate must meet the following criteria to receive a final agreement:
- Employment Eligibility
- Criminal Background Check
- Valid TB Clearance
- References delivered to email@example.com